There was more of the neighbours table showing today, so we set off to see if the main road was open.
The answer was 'not yet', but the lorry driver told that it should open later, although there was due to be a high tide this afternoon which may cause problems.
As the water level had dropped we decided to try to walk across the fields to the cycle path, but it was still quite wet.
We got quite a long way without water getting in to my wellies.
But then we realised that rather than the water draining from the field in to the river, the river was actually rushing back in to the field and filling it back up again.
Darren splashed on ahead to see if we could make it through, but the area was too flooded and getting deeper by the second, so we beat a hasty retreat while we still could.